Alarm system is any device whose sole purpose is for protection against intrusion, fire or smoke detection. It detects unauthorized entry into a building or other restricted areas. Individuals and organizations use alarm system in residential, commercial, industrial, and military properties for protection against burglary or property damage. We shall limit the scope of this write-up to intrusion detection devices only so that we can effectively review the best home security systems available in the market today.
Home security systems differ in terms of functionalities and features. Prices for home security systems depend on a combination of what type of system you are looking for as well as installation fees. First of all, let’s have a look at how home security systems work before diving into the full review of the world best home security systems.
Operational Modes of Home Security System
A basic home alarm system works in two modes namely:
“At Home” mode:
In this mode, sensors in the specified range are automatically activated. This implies that whenever a door or a window opens, the alarm goes off. It is that simple!
You set your home security system to away-mode whenever you are not at home. This mode automatically activates all the motion sensors within an area. It means that the alarm goes off if someone tries to force his/her way in, or if the motion detectors sense any movement.
Types of Home Alarm Systems
- Singular Security Alarm System:
This serves the purpose of protecting your home from intrusion, while
- Dual Security Alarm System:
It comes with both burglar alarm and fire alarm.
Basic Components of Home Security System
Home Alarm system is made up many parts. They include:
- Control panel which is the “brain” of an alarm system and controls the entire system.
- Close-Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras for video monitoring and create a video link with the monitoring team.
- Key fob is the keychain remote which helps to arm and disarm the system.
- Motion detectors detect movements in targeted areas.
- Panic buttons are used to request immediate help in case of an emergency.
- Sirens create loud acoustic sounds to alert nearly people.
- Door/Window sensors are used to sense movements and break-ins via windows and doors.
- Touchpads are used for diagnostic operations, as well as to activate and deactivate alarms.
Let’s move over to the review of the world’s best home security systems. Modern home security systems have greatly evolved. Most of them are now smart wireless systems and property owners are increasingly favoring their installation. This is because they use batteries and can function without utility power supply.
What comes to your mind when someone says, “Home Security Alarm Systems”?. Maybe a sophisticated wireless gadget, HD cameras, etc. Home security systems come in different shapes, quality and sizes. The best home security system is the one that successfully protects you and your family. However, there are certain things to consider when choosing a home security system that best meets your needs. One of these is to ensure that you source alarm system from the licensed equipment manufacturer.
Reviews: 10 Best Home Security Systems with their respective strengths.
- Frontpoint – (Best customer service)
- ADT – (Best monitoring experience)
- Ring Alarm – (Unlimited cloud storage for ring cameras)
- Vivint – (Best home automation)
- Protect America – (Best for your budget)
- Link Interactive – (Best entry-level plan options)
- LiveWatch – (Best money-back guarantee)
- SimpliSafe – (Best for avoiding high-pressure sales)
- Nest Secure – (Best DIY self-monitoring)
- Scout – (Best for staying out of a long contract)
For a security system to have an “A rating” from an authorized body, it must definitely have a good performance and favorable customer rating. The installation and monitoring services must also be superb.