AOL Mail is one of the foremost free Internet-based email services hosted by AOL. It is an email service that is widely used across the world. Just like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, etc, AOL Mail provides different service offerings in over 53 languages. People can now stay connected with family, friends, and colleagues on the go. With AOL Mail, you can send and receive emails from the comfort of your living rooms. One of the unique features AOL Mail is the task calendar. Most users make use of this feature because it allows them to add email invites to their calendar and set up an alert to remind them of the event later on.
In order to enjoy all the benefits of AOL Mail, there is a need for users to create an account or sign up. Signing up for an AOL Mail provides users best platform to explore a whole lot of interesting stuff. The sign-up process is very simple and can be completed in a few steps on the AOL Mail website. Users who want to sign up for an account can easily do this when they visit www.aol.com. The AOL homepage contains other fascinating stuff that you may find helpful when you visit the website from your web browser.
Benefits of AOL Mail
They include the following:
- It is a free email service
- AOL Mail offers users free storage.
- It has the ability to automatically redirect phishing schemes to your trash folder. This offers some level of protection.
- It runs identity federation and sync services that allow users to connect their AOL accounts to social media platforms such as Facebook, Yahoo, Twitter, Google, etc.
- AOL Mail allows users access to some popular features such as news, finance, lifestyle, videos, games, maps, mail, and entertainment gist.
AOL Mail – How to Sign Up for AOL Mail Account
You will need to choose a username and password in order to create an account. There is also the need for Internet-enabled devices such as Android smartphones, iPads, iPhones, Windows phones/tablets, Laptops, Desktop PC, etc. Here are the steps to follow when you want to sign up for AOL Mail account:
- Type www.aol.com on your web browser. This will take you to the AOL homepage. On the top right-hand side, you will find the Login/Join tab.
- Click on the Login/Join tab to get started.
- On the next page, you can sign in (only applicable if you have an existing AOL account). For new users who do not have an account, click on the Sign-Up tab that is at the bottom of Sign In page.
- Sign Up page will open and you will be prompted to provide your personal details such as Firstname, Lastname, Username and Password, Mobile number, Country Zip Code, Date of Birth and Gender.
- Then, click on the Continue tab to proceed.
- Once you complete the above steps, you will be requested to verify your mobile number. A verification code will be sent to the phone number you provided for authentication.
- Type the verification code sent to your phone on the space bar provided and click on verify.
The verification timeout period is about 60 seconds within which a new user is required to enter the code. Should you fail to enter the verification code before the countdown, you will be asked to start over again for security reasons. Once you click on the Verify tab, your account creation process will begin. If successful, you will receive a congratulatory message confirming the creation of your new account. You can log in as soon as your account is created.