What comes to your mind when someone says, “Email”? Perhaps Gmail. This is because Gmail is the most popular and efficient mail service ever known to mankind. Gmail is one of the free mails services created by Google. It is very easy to create Gmail account. If you have an Internet connection, you can create Gmail account in a few simple steps as we shall learn very soon. To create Gmail account, you will be required to provide some personal information and choose your account username. In this article, I will show you how to create a Gmail account from the comfort of your living room.
Generally, you can create Gmail account by, first of all, providing some basic personal information about yourself. Google uses the information you provide to build your account profile. Personal information such as your name, date of birth, gender, and country zip code will be requested in order for your Gmail account to be activated. As soon as your account is set up, you will be able to manage your contacts, preferences and other settings. You stand to enjoy a number of benefits as soon as create a Gmail account.
Benefits of Gmail Account Creation
When you create Gmail account, your mail is personalized. This means that you can freely send and receive emails from your family members, friends, loved ones and colleagues. It provides users free Tier 1 level storage. It helps you to stay connected. You can respond to emails on the go in as much as you have Internet access. With your Gmail account, you can run a marketing campaign. It has some anti-spam and phishing features which protect your data in transit or at rest.
How to Create Gmail Account
Let’s have a look at the steps you need to take in order to create a Gmail account.
- Open on your web browser: www.gmail.com which will lead you to Sign In homepage.
- Click on Create account tab on the bottom left of the page. This will take you to the Gmail Account Creation page.
- Enter your First name, Last name, and Username – e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that your Username could be a combination of your first name and last name. Use of letters, numbers and periods is also allowed. Just keep it as simple as possible. It should be a name or word you can easily remember.
- Input any password of your choice and confirm the password. Once your preferred username is available, click on the Next button to continue the sign-up process. Fill in your telephone number, Age, Gender and Date of Birth.
- Click on the Next button to move over to the verification page.
- In order to be verified, click on the Send button. A code will be forward to the mobile number you provided.
- Enter the code in the appropriate text field and click on the Verify button to validate. Note that the verification timeout period is about 60 seconds within which you are required to enter the code. If you fail to enter the verification code before the time counts down, you will need to start over again.
Gmail Account Recovery Options
When creating a Gmail account you have the opportunity to set up recovery options. They are helpful if you forget your password or if someone tries to gain unauthorized access to your Gmail account. However, if you don’t want to set up recovery options at the point of account creation, you can click Done.
The best practice for Gmail account holders is to protect their login credentials. You need to safeguard your account details especially your password in order to prevent unauthorized access to your account. If you are on a shared computer, don’t forget to sign out as soon as you are done.