YouTube Go is a special app that runs on Android devices that allows you to stream or download your favorite local videos. It was created by YouTube in order to allow users the opportunity to watch videos on the go. It also lets you download videos to your Android smartphone and watch later or share with friends. YouTube Go doesn’t consume much data. The app is ideal for users who don’t have WiFi network access but wish to conserve their data.
With YouTube Go, you can send and receive videos you have downloaded through Bluetooth. The good news is that sharing your favorite videos with family and friends doesn’t use a single kilobyte of your data. Isn’t that interesting? It also allows you to preview any video before streaming or downloading it. Previewing only a few still images of the video’s content minimizes your data usage. You also have the option to either watch videos in basic quality or HD.
Things You can Download on YouTube Go
Apart from video download, there is a lot of other interesting stuff you can download using YouTube Go app for free. You can download things like popular songs, movies, TV shows, comedy, fashion, cooking, ‘how-to’s and so on. Note that almost everything you want to download from the app follows nearly the same process. In other words, you don’t need to learn how to download what interests you differently.
Benefits of YouTube Go App
- The app allows you to control your data usage
- It gives you the ability to choose what to download or watch at any point in time.
- You can instantly share videos to nearby friends via Bluetooth. The data transfer doesn’t consume your data.
- It allows you to preview videos before you download or watch.
- The app helps you to control your data storage. You can decide how many MBs you use on videos.
- It is super fast. You don’t have to worry about your mobile device hanging.
Features of YouTube Go
- YouTube Go comes with special features that allow you to download videos to your Android phone or SD card.
- It runs on Android 4.1 and higher and has only 9.4 MB app size
- The app allows you to play videos without buffering. You can watch them anytime, anywhere – even with slow or no internet connection.
- It is designed to work with less storage and slow speeds
- The app allows you to watch downloaded videos many times with no extra data cost.
How to Download YouTube Go from Google Play
Here are the steps to follow when you want to download the app from Google Play Store:
- Open Google Play Store on your Android phone
- Type on the search bar, “YouTube Go”. A link having YouTube Go will appear.
- Tap on the link. This will take you to the download page.
- Click on Install to initiate the download.
- Tap on Open to launch the app
- On the Welcome page, click on Next to allow YouTube Go some certain permissions and you are good to go.
YouTube Go is simply a good alternative to YouTube client. It is very useful for users with slow or unstable Internet connections. It has some really useful and unique features. Why not try it today?